Want to be our next Web Developer? We’re hiring!
RainStorm is looking for a new team member to join us in our Orono office — or, for the right candidate, remotely!
We are searching for a detail-oriented, highly motivated web developer to join our development team. If you have deep experience with WordPress, are fluent in PHP and MySQL and can demonstrate your passion and commitment to excellence on a daily basis, you’ll get an amazing opportunity to work on meaningful projects in a truly different work environment. RainStorm’s benefits package includes health and dental insurance, opportunities for ongoing education and conferences, and a vibrant work culture with regular team meetups, outings, and other fun activities.
RainStorm’s Maine-based team is small and agile, offering a healthy mix of talents in programming, graphic design, user experience, and project management. We deliver powerful, elegant web solutions— from interlinked multisite systems to seamless integrations with third-party tools —tailored to meet the requirements of our nonprofit, education, and industry clients.
We work toward a singular goal – to give our clients an incredible experience as we create beautiful custom websites and deliver live, personalized website support after their sites launch.
- Work closely as a member of the team to assemble and code websites for our clients, rendering them true to the design on the front-end and making them simple and easy to use on the back-end
- Work closely with our clients on all phases of the project you’re completing for them
- Work as a member of the team to develop new features and invent ways to enhance the development process
- A strong desire to learn new things;
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot, debug, and quickly solve a variety of issues on the sites you build and ones you have never seen before;
- A firm understanding of web applications and how they’re structured;
- Experience and knowledge of relational database systems, ideally with MySQL;
- Experience using the Linux or Mac OS X command line;
- Experience with version control systems like Git or SVN;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral;
- Adaptable to a fast changing environment.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to Jason Clarke via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Web Developer